I'm technologist. I've spent over two decades in the industry widely known as IT. For quite a while, I've been focused on identity, security, and privacy. Cloud added a new twist to it.
I'm an entrepreneur. I run Predica with my partners for the last 10 years. It got us from 10 people to 250+ in a few places in the world and $16M in revenue (by 2019). Quite a trip for four geeks.I haven't fully anticipated when we started. We are living proof that IT people can learn the business.
I'm an aspiring mapper. Doing pure technical work overtime is for me less of interest than observing how it evolves and what are the implication of it for business, life, me. Learning Wardley Mapping on the go.
I'm a speaker. I like to speak to people. It looks they want to listen. Talking less about the technical topic now. More on technology, strategy, and how it applies to business (but still can learn the crowd a few tricks in my areas :)).
I write. You know it as you are on this blog. In the distant past, I co-authored several books, was as deputy editor-in-chief, and wrote some articles. Nobody counted, but I'm responsible for probably thousands of posts on forums, Usenet, and similar places.
Since 2005, with breaks for being employed at Microsoft, I've been awarded a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP), 11 times and still counting.
- CTO, solution architect, one of the partners and co-founder at Predica (!!go team!!).
- father of two,
- Runner. The marathons are the thing (3h28m).
- Fan of science fiction (preferably cyberpunk, but I won't say no to good fantasy) and cinema.
One day I'd not mind to have a small brewery, but we'll see. Before that, happy to have a good beer.
You can find me on the Internet in the following places:
- My technical blog: Zero-Trust Cloud
- My old blog in Polish: https://pl.onyszko.com
- Twitter: @tonyszko
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/tomaszonyszko/
- Predica blog: https://predicagroup.com/blog/